Attracting a guy is often a daunting task. It can be intimidating putting yourself out there.
Girls often feel nervous initiating the conversation. Accordingly, many females believe that it’s the guys responsibility to start talking to them.
The dating game has changed significantly over the past few years. Dating apps have moved in-person interactions into the technological sphere.
However, some people still prefer to meet their partners in real life. Everyone has their own preference. We are lucky to live in a time where all options are feasible.
Meaningful conversations are the most important factor in any relationship. Even the most comfortable relationships didn’t always start that way.
Consequently, conversations can feel awkward at the beginning. Meeting someone new is exciting but also nerve-wracking.
In this article we are going to look at some of the best questions to ask a potential new partner.
Some people feel uncomfortable being flirty straight away. It may be better to begin conversations with something light and fun.
These questions are intended to open up the initial pathway to conversation:
- What’s the best joke you’ve ever told?
- What makes you laugh a lot?
- Where was your favorite place to go as a kid?
- What celebrity would you change places with for a day?
- Is there any movie you’d like to recreate?
- Is there any hobbies you want to try?
- What reality TV show would you want to be on?
- What would be the best superpower to have? Why?
- Tell me your best joke
- What television character do you relate to the most?
Food is something that every person can relate to. This is a topic that can bring us all together. Furthermore, it ignites and passion and joy.
Many relationships begin over the mutual love of food. This is an easy way to build a connection from the beginning.
Here are some of the best food-related questions to ask:
- What is your favourite fast food restaurant?
- Can you cook? If so, what’s your go-to meal?
- Do you prefer to eat at home or go out?
- What is one meal you could eat everyday for the rest of your life?
- How much importance do you put on health?
- Does your family have regular family meals?
- What is the best meal you’ve ever eaten?
- What is the worst meal you’ve ever cooked?
- Would you ever try eating bugs?
- What carnival foods would you like to try?
Flirty questions illustrate that you’re interested in a romantic relationship. This allows the conversation to progress from friendship into something more.
Here are some of the flirtiest questions to ask a potential partner:
- Have you ever gone skinny dipping?
- What’s the naughtiest thing you’ve ever done?
- Do you want to go on a date this weekend?
- Have you ever dreamed about me?
- What are you dying to ask me?
- How would you seduce me?
- Boxers or briefs?
- What’s your fantasy?
- Do you prefer to be big spoon or little spoon?
- What do you find attractive in a woman?
Every person has experienced a unique path to where they are now. Asking questions about someone’s life helps you better understand their personality.
This is also a good way to become comfortable. Evidently, it’s also the quickest way to learn about one another.
Opening up life questions will put the guy at ease. He will ultimately feel more comfortable opening up to you.
Here is a list of some of the best life questions to ask:
- What is the most important lesson that your parents taught you?
- Do you believe in tough love? Why or why not
- What are the ways that your childhood has shaped you?
- Who made the biggest impact on your life?
- What expectations did your family put on you?
- How much do you value family time now?
- What kind of person were you in high school?
- Do you feel like you missed out on anything?
- Do you feel like you were pressured to make any specific decisions?
- What advice would you give to your younger self?
Conversations that require thoughtful responses are important. They allow us to reflect on our beliefs and values. This can be foundational to a relationship.
Here are some of the most thought-provoking questions to ask someone:
- If you could eliminate one part of your routine, what would it be?
- What is something you wish you had more time for?
- Have you ever watched a movie that changed your life. If so, what was it?
- Who do you think is the most influential celebrity right now?
- Do you think billionaires should exist?
- What would’ve been the best era to raise children in?
- How do you think technology will affect the next generation?
- Have you ever thought about what happens after death?
- If reincarnation is real, what creature would you like to come back as?
- Why are people so preoccupied with how others perceive them?
Traveling has become a universal hobby. However, everybody travels differently. Asking questions pertaining to traveling is an interesting way to get to know them.
Some people haven’t had the opportunity to travel. However, this doesn’t mean they don’t want to. Here are some travel questions to see how adventurous your potential partner may be:
- How many countries have you been to?
- When was the last time you went on vacation?
- How often do you try to get away?
- Who is your favourite person to travel with?
- Do you prefer relaxing vacations? Or do you prefer to do lots of activities?
- Do you prefer mountains or beaches?
- What is the ideal temperature?
- If you had to be stuck in one season forever, which one would it be?
- Do you prefer to go camping in a tent or trailer?
- What music festival would you pay a lot of money to go to?
Some people aren’t interested in small talk. They want to have deep and meaningful conversations that leave an impression.
Having these conversations can be difficult. However, these can be some of the best as well. This is how you can really get to know someone.
This is also a great way to learn about someones beliefs and values. Furthermore, this is an opportunity to see how they were raised. You can learn a lot about where they come from and their family.
Here are some of the best deep conversation starters:
- How do you define love?
- What was the scariest thing you experienced as a child?
- Who was your biggest role model as a child? – Has this changed as you’ve moved into adulthood?
- What’s your biggest secret?
- Have you ever experienced trauma?
- Do you have a secret that you’ve never told anyone?
- What has been the most important part of your life thus far?
- If you could change one decision you’ve made, what would it be?
- Do you believe that people can truly change?
- How can people practice better balance in their day-to-day life?
Asking controversial questions can get risky. However, this is a good way to get a guy to open up more. Furthermore, you can explore the topics that he’s passionate about.
This is also a good way to see what you have in common. However, remember to tread carefully. Not everyone is ready to discuss these topics straight away.
Here is a list of some of the most controversial questions you could ask:
- Do you think all drugs should be illegal?
- Do you believe in the death penalty?
- What should be the minimum age to start drinking?
- Do you think education should be free for everyone?
- What is wrong with our political system?
- How should racism be dealt with?
- What’s more important – health or economy?
- Should childhood obesity be considered abuse?
- Is technology making people dumber?
- To what extent should governments be allowed to interfere in our lives?
These questions are all good ways to have a guy open up. It’s important to be intentional with the questions you ask. Furthermore, gauge the type of relationship you have.
You can then compare it to the relationship you want. This will allow you to choose which question would be the best for your intended goal.